Four group study rooms and a media viewing room are available. All rooms seat 6 and are enhanced with plug-and-play screen technology. The tables contain outlets and four HDMI plugs so laptops and other devices can plug into the HD wide-screen display. Several adapters ("dongles") and whiteboard markers are available to borrow at the Reference Desk and the Circulation Desk. In addition, the media viewing room is equipped with a DVD player and a VCR (for viewing VHS).
Reservations are required to use the group study rooms and the media viewing room.
- Who can use the room?
- Groups must consist of 2+ John Jay students. Single student use is only permitted in the Media Viewing Room.
- A group can make a maximum of 2 reservations in one day. Groups that make more than 2 reservations under different names may be asked to leave the study room.
- How do we get in?
- When you show up for your reservation, check in with the librarian at the Reference Desk (upstairs rooms) or the staff at the Circulation Desk (downstairs rooms). Have your confirmation email ready.
- What if we can't make it after all?
- If your group decides not to use the room, please cancel your reservation. A cancelation link is provided in the confirmation email.
- If no one from the group shows up 15 minutes after the start of the reservation, the reservation is forfeited and the room is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One more thing...
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Library.
The group study room enhancements were made possible by the Student Technology Fee.