Did you know...
In 2011-12, there were over 800,000 visits to the Library’s website with over 1.8 million web pages viewed.
In 2012, John Jay students and faculty downloaded 1.3 million journal articles from Library-licensed electronic resources.
The Lloyd Sealy Library subscribes to over 74,000 journals and other periodicals.
There are 40,000 visits to the Lloyd Sealy Library every month during the semester, as recorded by the counters on the Library gates.
There are over 200,000 ebooks and reports available via the Internet to John Jay students and faculty through the Library catalog.
In 2012-13, Library faculty members have taught John Jay students in over 150 classes.
The Library video collection has:
- 3,000 DVDs that students can view in the Library
- 10,000 streaming video titles that students and faculty can watch in the Library or at home
In 2012, John Jay students and faculty watched nearly 5,000 streaming videos from the Library collection and listened to over 12,000 music tracks.
In the Spring 2012 CUNY Student Experience Survey, 68% of the John Jay undergraduates surveyed reported using the Library’s online resources at least once or twice a month (compared to the CUNY average of 51%).
In the Spring 2011 John Jay Student Experience Survey:
- 84% of the students were satisfied or very satisfied with the John Jay Library
- 65% of students said they visited the Lloyd Sealy Library in person at least once a week
- 69% of students said they visited the Library website at least once a week